Pages

11.19.2008

Whatcha Talkin' About Wednesday

What did you say? Huh? You said what? NO WAY! Say that again. Seriously! You've GOT to be kidding me! SHUT...UP!





Twilight will be coming out in less than 2 days! Count them...one...two! I'm beyond excited! As you all know, I PRE-purchased my tickets last week. I have my t-shirt and I'm ready to go. Every since I finished the last pages of Breaking Dawn last week, this is what I have been looking forward to! I'm going to the 5:50 show (that's central standard time). I know a few of you share my excitement and a few of you are sitting on the other side of the computer screen shaking your head right now...and that's ok. I'm sure if I had not read the series and I had no clue what people were so stoked (yeah, I went there) about, then I would be sitting on the other side of the screen shaking my head and thinking they were all CRAZY! Twilightaholics! There should be an "anonymous" group sprouting up any time. This is pretty much "THE" topic of conversation around the water cooler (just kidding, I just wanted to say that...the water cooler is in the kitchen and we don't stand around there and chit-chat).



The other "hot topic" around here is OU Football. We have a very precarious situation, in that, this Saturday we (OU) are playing Texas Tech...who beat Texas...who beat us. Did you follow that? Supposedly this game is THE game to watch. So, tune in and if you're not a Tech fan, root for the Sooners :) It's nationally televised on ABC. Look for me...I'll be the one in red :P

Last night, I went to my first of many Thanksgiving dinners. It got me thinking how everyone celebrates differently...different traditions, different places they go, and different foods to eat. We've already planned out our menu for Thanksgiving. Usually a couple of weeks prior, we sit down at my Granny's kitchen table on a Sunday afternoon and hash it out...who will bring what. One thing is always the same, my Granny makes the turkey, gravy, and dressing. She's the best hands-down! The rest of the side items include mashed potatoes, my Aunt Chrissy's hot rolls, my Aunt Bev's broccoli and cheese casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and all the yummy pies you can handle! (I think we have a thing for casseroles) We gather at my Granny's, eat, watch football, and nap! Oh, and then of course, we break out the sale ads for Black Friday. All of us girls hover around the cleared off kitchen table and we start making lists! There's always games of monopoly or tripoly...or card games. We know how to have a good time! This year, we're picking up an old tradition that we used to do all the time, and we're drawing names for Christmas gifts. Our family is getting so big and we felt like it would be a way to exchange gifts without everyone buying for EVERYONE. So, we'll see how that goes. Can't wait! I'm excited already! I love the holidays!

So, what are you talkin' about?



5 comments...I love comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I don't even know if I can get tickets now,,,ugh,,the theaters number is been worked on,,,and I asked Gunny to stop bye there two times to see and he still hasn't so i have to drive over there today...men... I just started breaking dawn last night, I don't like the format that it looks like its taking the point of view from the different characters, I like it the way it was, I had a hard tiem converting my mind to Jacob at the end of eclipse...So will see ever one say the 4th book is the best I hope so I'm so glad to finally be on the fourth...And you are finished wowwwie....Okay off to shower,,,love you bunches...xooxox

Lisa Marie said...

omg sorry about all my typo's...duh me...lol..xooxox

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I am excited to go see Twilight too, but can't make it on opening night. I hope you have a great night!
Carrie

Renee said...

Jenny, it's happening to me...HELP!! :D
Hope to see you this weekend...wait, I mean I BETTER see you this weekend!! love you!

Liz Harrell said...

Ahhh yes... I'll be at that movie with weekend with the girls. Cannot wait. :)