Pages

11.06.2008

Thursday Thankfuls



So, it's already the second week of Thursday Thankfuls. What a week this has been. I had hoped to be thankful for a few different things come today, but there is still so much to be thankful for, so here goes...

  • Above all else, this morning I am thankful that God is still God...and that's where my faith resides.
  • According to Wikipedia, "Democracy is a form of government in which the supreme power is held completely by the people under a free electoral system." I'm thankful for democracy.
  • Each morning I'm reminded of one of my greatest blessings in life...Isaiah. I'm so thankful for him and that God intrusted me to be his mom...what a gift.
  • When times are unsure, I think we turn to take inventory of our bare necessities...so I'm thankful for my my family, friend, home, and job.
  • On a lighter note, I'm thankful for the Twilight Saga...what a glorious escape from reality it is...I *heart* Edward.
  • Also on a lighter note, I'm thankful for Starbucks and all there winter drinks that are making their seasonal debut :) If you haven't tried it already, the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate w/ a shot of espresso is AMAZING!
  • As always, I'm thankful for you...my beautiful blog land friends...without you there would be no sense in having Thankful Thursdays...who would read them?

Count your blessings. Name them one by one.

Here's some links to other Thursday Thankfuls:

1. The Crazy Daisy

2. Shell In Your Pocket

3. Brainella

13 comments...I love comments:

Miranda said...

Great list...you are right it is a time to take inventory. I am being reminded everyday that the material things in this life mean nothing...our family and friends and our relationship with HIM is all that matters.

I hope you have a great day my friend.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..just reading the word Starbucks makes me want to go in my car to the drive through. I can't..I am on a no sugar eating thing...ugh! What I would do for a pumpkin latte right now!

Great things to be thankful for!
-sandy toes

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Great tip on the Starbucks...I am heading out today and might have to try that! :)
Carie

Courtney said...

Those are great things to be thankful for.
I am an OU fan too!!!

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by love your blog! Glad to find another Edward fan.

Unknown said...

It's obvious that you have your priorities in order. You are truly blessed.I've enjoyed reading your blog.

Saucy said...

Ooooh! You are a fan of the salted caramel HC also? I had one for supper tonight. I asked for all the extras so they put my tall bevvy in a grande cup to fit the extra whip, caramel and salt.

I am a bad grrrl.

Renee said...

Jenny...The Salted Caramel is my FAVORTIE!! That's what I was going to tell you!! lol! Love your Thankfuls, love you more!

SimplyBillie said...

Wow! That sounds delicious! I wish we had a Starbucks here. =(
Love this post! So much to be Thankful for.

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm also thankful for Twilight. Love me some Edward. I did a blog post about him today, lol!

Tabitha Blue said...

These posts always make me smile... and thankful!!

Oh, and I've tried the salted caramel hot chocolate!!! YUM!! :)

melissa said...

oh my gosh..I have not tried that at starbucks yet!! I will have to do that tomorrow!! Loved your blessings...i cant wait to read confessions tomorrow!! Love you to pieces!!

xoxox

Cheryl said...

I enjoy reading your blog and decided to leave a post. God is so awesome and through each day and it trimuphs and trials - He is still GOD! I think we should always be thankful for the small things as well, those small things we are fortunate enough to be blessed with a on a daily basis are simple, but amazing.