Pages

11.05.2008

Alternate Reality

I know by reading this title to this post, if you know me well enough, you're thinking this is going to be a post about Twilight...since that is often my own personal "alternate reality". However, this is about something more real and on a more serious note. As most of you know, yesterday's election did not go the way I had hoped and prayed. I'm not sure if I was living in denial or what, but I truly felt like there was a chance that John McCain would be our next President. So, needless to say, I was highly disappointed when he was not elected. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a bad dream. Not that I think Obama is a horrible person, it's just not the person I wanted running the White House. For me, these definitely feel like uncertain times. One thing is for sure...God is still in control. That comforts me and lets me know that everything will be fine. I agree with several others who have made posts today, that we should continue being proud Americans...proud of what we stand for...proud of our brave men and women who fight for our freedom...and proud of the fact that we get to voice our opinions and vote...even though it doesn't always turn out just the way we want. I'll continue to pray for our country and our President...even if his name isn't John McCain.

Not the reality I had prayed for, but the reality I am left with. We must do the best with what we have, right?

8 comments...I love comments:

Renee said...

On my Yahoo homepage it says "First truly Golbal U.S President" and "Barack Obama's historic victory inspires global goodwill and celebration"...there is a definite uncertainty and unease that I feel today. Thankfully, though, I know in Whom I believe!!

Shilo said...

I hear you...so thankful that as believers we know our FUTURE! Blessings on you as you find faith sufficient through this journey of life!
Thanks for stopping by too!
Shilo

Lisa Marie said...

that was so beautifully put and I agree with you fully...thank God for God...I love you...xoxoxo

Shelly said...

I couldn't of said it better myself Jennykate. I too woke up feeling the same way but I knew that I voted and that is all I can control. Thanks for the inspirational words.

brainella said...

Amen. :-)

Miranda said...

You are right...we have to live life with all it's uncertainties. Isaiah 43:2 Jesus tells us that he will walk with us through tried and troubled waters...we will not drown. That has applied to most every aspect of my life lately and so does it here. I am expecting to be pleasantly suprised. God answers prayers!!

melissa said...

i love the post...you have such a way with words. I to will hold on to my faith in God even tighter. The scary thing is that the bible states that in time government will begin to pull further and further away from god. I sure HOPE this is not the beginning of that...all we can do is have our faith in God...we did what we could. love u sooo much

Shell in your Pocket said...

I did Thursday Thankful and my icon links you!

Good post!
-sandy toes