Pages

1.11.2011

A Phineas and Ferb Birthday Party

Saturday morning I woke up and said...

Ferb, I know what we're doing today!

I planned a Phineas and Ferb party for Isaiah's birthday.  He's nuts about that show and I had the most fun planning around the theme.  It was a win-win!

I couldn't find any invitations and I had thought about ordering some off of Etsy (there are several people who sell custom Phineas and Ferb invitations on Etsy and Ebay).  I just couldn't find any that were exactly what I was wanting and I was on a short time frame.  As usual, I had waited until the week I needed invites sent out to find invites.  So, I went to Office Depot and found some fun paper, snagged a cute/wintery Phineas and Ferb pic from the Internet...wrote up a little invite and inserted the pic and voila...

Invites on the cheap.

I was able to find TONS of decorating stuff on Party City's website (click HERE).  They had a great selection and great prices.

I was up in the air about the cake until the last minute.  I just couldn't decide what to do with it.  There were so many possibilities.  I could have went with something from the theme song.  For instance, I had thought about having an Eiffel Tower cake made and putting Phineas and Ferb scaling up the side...or I had thought about having a Yeti cake made and putting Phineas and Ferb around the sides giving him a shower.  The wheels in my head were turning, but I really didn't have the time to wait much longer, so I just had a simple Phinea and Ferb-ish cake made at my favorite local bakery (Merritt's for all you local peeps...they never disappoint). 

It wasn't elaborate or anything, but I thought it was cute and went well with the rest of the decor.

Isaiah made it known that he wanted to build "contraptions" like Phineas and Ferb, so I set up a table with all sorts of craft/building materials.  The kids had a blast using their imaginations and putting together their very own contraptions.


We also had a couple of games.

Pin The Tail On Perry was fun! One of the perks of my job is working with a bunch of drafters.  We have a huge plotter at our office and one of the guys printed Perry out for me, but you might be able to have it printed some where.  I found a pattern for a platypus tail on line and saved it, colored it orange, printed them, and cut them out.

Find the Lawn Gnomes was a hit! 

I told them that the EVIL Dr. Doofenshmirtz had STOLEN all of our lawn gnomes and we need them back!  I sent them on a hunt for all the lawn gnomes they could find.  Prior to the party starting, I had went around and hid 40 lawn gnomes all over...under tables, on walls, under chairs...anywhere inconspicuous.  They had fun finding them and they were rewarded with mini chocolate bars. 

For the lawn gnomes, I just found a picture of one that I liked online, saved it to my pictures, a printed them out on card stock.

I also set up a Dr. Doofenshmirtz Laboratory and performed a couple of experiments. 

We inflated a balloon with vinegar and baking soda and made green slime!  It was SO cool. 


I'm not sure who had more fun them or me!  LOL.

We served cheese pizza and carrots w/ ranch dressing, at the request of the birthday boy.  I was going to serve grilled cheese because P and H's sister, Candace, loves grilled cheese.  I was going to cut them all into fourths and put them on a skewer.  Grilled Cheese on a stick!  Sounds cute, right?!  Isaiah INSISTED on cheese pizza.  Oh well. 

We also had a yummy Sundae Bar and a Candy Bar.  The kids loved making their own sundaes. 

Their favor bags consisted of Phineas and Ferb stickers and tattoos, pencils, sticky hands, a compass, Phineas and Ferb fruit snacks (found at Wal-Mart and Target), and a Phineas and Ferb Mix CD.  For the CD, I just downloaded about 10 of Isaiah's favorite Phineas and Ferb songs onto iTunes, made a playlist, and burned it to CDs.  I found some really cheap CDs at Office Depot (10 for $1). 

Every kid also got some cool shades just like Phineas and Ferb wear (found them at amazon.com).
(the two adorable children above are courtesy of my one of my best friends, blogger at my3ellas.
I think it was a success. 

I know the birthday boy had fun...he said, and I quote, "it was the BEST day ever"

That was what I was going for.

I'm sorry if you tried to click on the link to my last giveaway from yesterday's blog post.  I forgot to link it up.  So, you can click HERE to make sure you entered.  Promise.  It'll really take you somewhere.  Not over the rainbow, but it will take you to my giveaway, which is just a $10 Starbucks card and a $10 iTunes card and another little surprise...no bluebirds flying and it wasn't sang about once in a lullaby.

I don't know what the heck I'm talking about.  Just go enter my giveaway.  I'll announce the winner in Thursday's blog post.  Hope you're all having a great week so far.

22 comments...I love comments:

Shilo said...

Ok, I'm pretty sure you are officially the coolest mom on the block and probably in the whole state. I'm so amazed at your creativity! So fun!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a party!!

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Oh my goodness! Love it all! Looks like a blast -you sure know how to throw a party :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That looks fantastic! I don't know that Grant knows who those guys are, but it looks like everyone had a blast! Great job Momma!

Dawn said...

You are such the party girl. I'm jealous of all you can do.

And, Merritt's can actually disappoint. Like when I went to pick up my daughter's FIRST birthday cake on Saturday and they had totally lost my order. I left crying. I've not used them since. But, yes, they do beautiful cakes and their stuff is delicious. =)

I'm so glad Isaiah had such a fun day.

Kelli said...

That is such a creative party (and now I have the theme song in my head!). Isaiah looked like he had a great time and I love the cake. Good job mom!

the little dragonfly said...

LOVE IT! great job. I am knee deep in planning a 3 year old princess party! and I am WAAAAY behind with the sewing I had in mind. Looks like I took on too much so it will be a race to the finish! :o)

Connie said...

You did an awesome job with the party! I love everything but mostly the look on your face when you are filling the balloon!

Night Owl Public Relations said...

you ROCK!!! I want you to plan all my par-tays! It all looked wonderful!
I love getting creative for my kiddos b-days. Thanks for the inspiration :)

shortmama said...

Such a cute party! I start planning my kids bday parties months in advance and then wait to the last minute to actually do any of it....ugh

Jen said...

Holy cow, you way outdo me on the birthday parties :) Not that it's a contest - but wow! SO much thought and effort - and it looks like you really enjoy it too :) Happy Birthday Isaiah!

Xazmin said...

Jenny...you are the cutest, BEST mom ever!

Will you plan my birthday party this year? I'm turning freaking 35! Gah, I can't stand it!

Love all your plans, and activities...what an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a party! I bet everyone had a great time!

Anonymous said...

That looks like one awesome party. Great cake too!

dancilhoney said...

Awesome job! I have got to show this to my youngest. She's a huge fan of Phineas & Ferb and I will ask if he want to have that kind of party, we'll see what will be his reaction. Phineas and Ferb Party Supplies

PaperbackGoddess said...

I am so glad I found this post. My son will be 3 in June. He is very introverted and does not speak, but he absolutely adores Phineas and Ferb, so I decided that I was going to throw him a Phineas & Ferb Backyard Extravaganza birthday party. I have been struggling to come up with party games. I thought about a lawn gnome find, but didn't know if the kids (most of whom are older) would enjoy it. Seeing the ideas on your post really helps! Maybe I will blog and share mine when it is over.

palmuser said...

I don't usually post comments online but seriously, I have to thank you and tell you that I'm loving your birthday party ideas! My son is about to be six and I was stymied for ideas! We LOVE P&F! Thank you!

Britton Morrell said...

Thanks for the great ideas. I had to pull one of these parties off and your site gave me great ideas.

Megs said...

You should charge and throw parties like that for everyones kids!

Jen said...

This was the first link I clicked on from my google search and this is EXACTLY what I was looking for right down to the "invention" craft! Also weird, you must live in the Tulsa area because I know where Merritts is :) Thanks for the fantastic party ideas!!

Unknown said...

Ive been trying to find a picture that i can blow up of Perry do you recommend any websites. Im doing the party for my twins in July.

altadc said...

Great idea! I was googling for some awesome theme for my 7 year old phineas and ferb fanatic and stumble on yours! Thanks for sharing i might copy some! :)