Pages

11.18.2008

Twisted Tuesday

I think I've decided that I'll do a blog every Tuesday called Twisted Tuesday. It's just going to be random...sometimes crazy, sometimes funny...or off-the-wall...or whatever strikes my fancy. You all can join in too, if you want! I'm going to get a cute little header made asap, but I haven't done it...yet! But I promise I will...soon!

This Tuesday I'd like to talk about this doll made by Fisher Price. It's one of the Mommy and Me dolls. It recently made the news around here in Oklahoma. Some parents who bought this doll for their 3 yo little girl realized that the doll says a certain phrase that is mixed in with the coos and jabbering. I hadn't seen one in person until this past Saturday. My mom and I took Isaiah to Toys R Us as a reward for being so "helpful" at work. To my surprise, there was one of the dolls on the shelf. So, I picked it up and started playing with it, not expecting to hear this before mentioned "phrase" so plainly...but I did...and it was a little shocking. This is some really bad footage of the talking doll I took from my phone...the saying is "Islam is the light"...listen carefully. (you might have to turn your speakers up...oh, and pause my playlist)



Now, I'm not trying to offend anyone, but for me as a Christian, I sort of took offense to this doll. If I can be honest, (which I can, because this is my blog), it kinda freaked me out. I don't know about you, but I don't want my child playing with a doll that says "Islam is the light"...that's just me.

I think it's a little twisted.

16 comments...I love comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I don't like dolls period and well that one is just plain creepy to me and I think its horrible they have been putting, little messages like that it toys for years....hoping no parent will catch it...sad...Another reason to not buy dolls...lol..oxooxxo, love you...Lisa

brainella said...

Well, that's a creepy little doll. Sometimes I'm really happy I have a boy! :-)

melissa said...

wow...subliminal messages in a DOLL!! That is about one of the most twisted things i have ever seen!! craziness....

love you

Katie said...

I almost bought that doll for Lauren but for some reason I kept changing my mind. Must have been the spirit within (ha ha) I bought her this adorable little black baby in a carrier that is so cute, it looks like her even.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe this. I am freaked out too. WHAT?

I came over to tell you I was so excited for you because your movie is practically upon us, but this is BLOWING MY MIND!

No way! What does Fisher Price say about this?

Unknown said...

Go read this article if you have time:
http://weblog.revelife.com/revelife/678439419/fisher-price-doll-plays-subliminal-islamic-message.html?page=5&jump=1462098871&leftcmt=1#

At the end he says play the clip and listen to it thinking it says God is the light instead of Islam is the light. It really sounded like it said God is the light to me. Tell me what you think! Thanks for posting about this. I think it is so interesting.

jennykate77 said...

oK, I went and listened to the link left by Life with Kaishon and I do kinda agree that maybe you hear what you want to hear...possibly. Although, it was really just as plain as could be when I was listening to it in the store...still freaks me out. hmmm. I'll have to give it some thought.

AndreaLeigh said...

I think we hear what is planted in our minds, honestly, and if you hadn't been told to listen for "Islam is light" you might have heard something different. I dunno, though, I haven't tried it myself.

jennykate77 said...

Here is a link to another story about the doll:

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/2008/10/baby-doll-says-islam-is-the--light-in-owasso-oklahomaowasso---when-gary-rofkahr-from-owasso-heard--there-was-a-baby-doll-on.html

The more I hear it, the more I'm sure that it says "Islam is the light." It's really clear on some of the video footage.

Tabitha Blue said...

That is really creepy, and yeah, twisted. It's sad to have any kind of hidden messages in kids toys! Thanks for sharing.

Shauna said...

Wow~! What a great blog you have here :)

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I heard something about that too. It is kind of weird.

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera said...

WOW that is a little creepy! I haven't got to watch the Video yet because my work PC doesn't have speakers! but when I get home I am so going to watch it!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, that is creepy and strange. Definitely NOT going to appear under our Christmas tree this year!
Carrie

cherry said...

HI there...came over from Lisa's blog...that is one creepy doll. I have a boy so not up on dolls anymore...although I loved them as a little girl. I always loved Fisher Price too....why they have to do freakish things like this I do not know. I am off to look at the links you posted. cherry

Unknown said...

OK, so I'm not sure what it says but If it was a little clearer that it did say "God is the light" that there would be all kinds of junk on the news everywhere. People just seem to go a little more crazy over Jesus. Hmmm, could it be because he is the real thing?!