Pages

10.01.2008

31

I guess I woke up this morning feeling the same way I did yesterday...just happy to be alive, thankful for each day, and a determination to be a better version of myself. I'm so blessed to have God in my life, to know what really matters, to have my family (immediate and extended), and my friends (old and new). When did I get to be "in my 30's"? How did that happen? I do ask myself that often. Not that age matters...it's only a number...and I really believe that...but seriously, it's like we just wake up one day and were adults! As a kid, the idea of being an adult seemed so glamorous...I remember thinking...
  • "I can't wait to shave my legs"...ok, whose cruel joke was that?! I realize getting your period hails from Eve's evil doings, but come on...we have to shave too?!

  • "I want to wear pantyhose and high heels"...yeah, I hate wearing pantyhose...and slips...however, the high heels are ok...I do LOVE shoes!

  • "I can't wait to drive"...it is nice having wheels, but paying car payments and insurance is not fun.

  • "God bless the day I can move out on my own!"...well, I do enjoy having my own house, but there have been times when I think how easy I had it when I lived at home.

  • "I can't wait to go to college"...now this one was a blast...not saying I would go back and do it all over again, but I had so much fun while I was there!

  • "I can't wait to be married!"...being married is great...there are struggles and obstacles...but it's all worth it.

  • "I CAN NOT wait to be a mom!"...this one has been all I hoped for and so much more! I don't even know what I did before Isaiah...I must have been a really boring person :)
So, here's to being 31!


Here's a pic of my b-day gifts from co-workers...(notice the Meredith Grey card...LOVE that)

Here's a pic of me being 31!


Here's a pic of my office door decorated up all "birthday-ish" :)

Here's a pic of the BEAUTIFUL necklace that my BEAUTIFUL friend Melissa made me!
*you can buy one for yourself athttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5570123


Love to you all!

4 comments...I love comments:

melissa said...

i totally know what you mean about time flying by!i remember thinking 30 mwas so old...and now here i am (and you) at age 31...and I still feel like a silly kid most the time!! its just crazy!! Have a wonderful day...i love u

Lori said...

Happy, Happy, HAPPY Birthday, Jenny! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

I can't believe I'm almost (heehee) 30. I STILL feel like a kid...as Melissa said...a SILLY kid!

Maybe we'll never actually 'grow up'....I hope not!

feather k said...

HAPPY B-DAY to my dear friend! I remember thinking of those things as a kiddo too...what were we thinking??? Thank you so much for your kind words...I'm glad you decided to go to college or we may have never met...Do you remember the vacuum salesman??? HA!!

Lisa Marie said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful...I still feel like I just got out of High School..and I'm 35 yikes..time flys. but I'm blessed everyday to be here and hope the Good Lord lets me live on till hey lets say at least 80...I love life and living it with a great family and wonderful friends like you make it the best....Happy Birthday, I love you..xoxoxo