I read a great quote this week that said, "Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more." - Brother David Steindl-Rast
I, for one, want to be both grateful and happy.
Here's a few things I'm thankful for:
- I'm thankful for God and His amazing love for me (and you).
- I'm thankful for the real meaning of Easter.
- I'm thankful for my husband. He works hard and doesn't always get appreciated for it. Love you, babe. (He's a lurker on my blog and likes to bring it to my attention that I "hardly EVER talk about him".)
- I'm thankful for Melissa coming back to the land of blogging! ☺ I missed you!
- I'm thankful for tomorrow being Friday! April 15th and the days around it are not a fun time in an accounting department. Thank you Lord for bringing us through another tax season. It was a little touch and go there for a while, but we made it!
- I'm also thankful for my Starbucks Gold Card and for the good people at the Starbucks Gold Lab for feeling generous and bestowing upon me 5 extra dollars which was loaded to my Gold Card for me to use at my earliest convenience...which will be today. (Was that a run-on sentence? If so, I apologize.) I'm sure this show of appreciation has nothing to do with the amount of times I frequent their establishment(s).
- One last token of gratitude, I am thankful for a couple of good friends who have so graciously agreed to have a Twilight "gathering" with me, which includes, but is not limited to playing the Twilight board game and talking about all things Twilight. I was in desperate need of a Twilight "outlet". I have a couple things to show you...come back tomorrow for some Friday Confessions.
Hope you're having a great week!
What are you thankful for?