Pages

4.19.2009

For Those Who Take Life Too Seriously

Payne Stewart once said, "If you can't laugh at yourself, then how can you laugh at anybody else? I think people see the human side of you when you do that." I think he was right. I think we should never take ourselves too seriously. While looking for a certain quote about taking yourself too seriously, I ran across this composed list for those who do - (Hint: Not meant to be taken seriously.).
For Those Who Take Life Too Seriously


For Those Who Take Life Too Seriously jadito

The Bible says:
Proverbs 14:30 says, “A relaxed attitude lengthens a man’s life.”
Proverbs 15:13 "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."
Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. "
Hope you're having a great Sunday!

9 comments...I love comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Love it! It has a very Dave Barry/Steven Wright vibe to it.
:-)

Jen said...

Excellent list! Good to remember on a bad day...

Marci said...

Your blog is darling! Stumbled upon it via "4 Reluctant Entertainers". I'll visit again!!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Hope you're having a good weekend. I have an award for you, so please pop over to my place when you get a chance and pick it up.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Those were funny! Thanks for sharing!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

You have such a cute blog!!!

Tonight when I was frustrated that my butter was too hard for my very soft yeast roll, I got irritated. So it was perfect for me to read number 37!!! Seriously, was it worth getting irritated????

Thanks for the fun list!

Becca

Xazmin said...

Love it! Thanks for making me smile!

Darlene said...

That is a GREAT list!! It is soooo true!

Unknown said...

Honk if you love Peace and Quiet : ) That is perfect. What a great list!