Pages

12.14.2009

Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash - Homeade Gifts

Photobucket

Today I'm joining in the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash! Jen @ Tatertots and Jello is hosting today and the topic is Homemade Gifts. I have a few things that I'm working on...like some little boxes filled with homemade macaroons and peppermint bark for neighbors and friends, and some handmade ornaments made with mod podge and chipboard for teachers and grandparents. Also, over the weekend, we made a large batch of homemade Creamy Hot Chocolate Mix and Peppermint Marshmallows. So YUMMY! The recipes come from a Christmas Gooseberry Patch Cookbook.

Really simple.

Here's the ingredients:
For the hot chocolate: In a large mixing bowl, put 1 pound chocolate drink mix, 1 1/4 cup non-dairy creamer, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 box (26 1/2 oz) powdered instant milk. Stir together. Divide into small jars for gift giving. (Serving directions: add amount desired of hot chocolate mixture to an 8 oz cup of hot water or milk. Stir, serve, and enjoy!)


For the peppermint marshmallows: You put 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 t. peppermint extract into a gallon size Ziploc baggie. Mix the peppermint extract into the powdered sugar by shaking the bag. Put a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows into the baggie and shake until all the marshmallows are coated. Divide up into smaller bags for gift giving.


Hope everyone is having a marvelous Monday!!♥

Be sure to hop on over to Tatertots and Jello (click HERE) and join in the holiday fun!

14 comments...I love comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Thanks for linking up Jenny Kate! Your gift ideas are so wonderful. Those marshmallows looks so yummy!

XOXO
Jen

shortmama said...

Yummy!!

Darlene said...

YUM....YUM...YUM!!!!!!!! I just love Gooseberry Patch and their ideas!!

Unknown said...

Love it! Hot chocolate is the best! I joined the party too!

Macey said...

I can't link up, I have too much other stuff to do and I love reading all of these crafty posts! I totally forgot that I have jars for just that reason!!!! Good thing I hopped over here! :)

Amy said...

that is a fun idea that will keep me warm.

I did this today too..

http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/holly-bloggy-christmas-bash.html

Leanne said...

That sounds yummy. Loks like I have something else to make. Thanks for the visit.

Amy said...

Mint marshmallows, love it! (I really love you don't have to make them from scratch!)
Your Edward obsession cracks me up...isn't he just dreamy? Looks like we have more than hot cocoa in common. Ha!

Shilo said...

Yum! Drink a cup for me!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I'm going to have to try the hot cocoa mix, it sounds super easy, and yummy! And those marshmallows sound delicious!!!

Unknown said...

That is such a wonderful idea. Is there anything you can not do Jenny Kate? Anything at all?

TidyMom said...

What a cute idea!! I thought of doing cocoa for gifts, but never got around to it! I love how you made the mint marshmallows!! YUM!!

~TidyMom

kado! said...

LOVE that idea! Yumm!

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good!