I can't believe that it is already November and the holidays are upon us! I don't know where this year has gone...time goes by so fast these days. I wish there was a pause button. I do love this time of year though and I love having the opportunity at Thanksgiving to really reflect and think about things I'm thankful for. I was telling Isaiah the other morning that it's almost time for Thanksgiving and he says "what's Thanksgiving?" I told him that "it is a time of year that we count our blessings and remember the things we're thankful for". He said that he was thankful for the "beautiful fall leaves", and "his family", and "the Upside Down Show", and "sausage and cheese breakfast sandwiches"...and then he just went off into silly talk and being thankful for just about everything that was in the car and things we were passing as we were driving to school. I was thinking about it after I dropped him off and it made my heart happy, because we should all be thankful for everything we have...whether it's big or small...we should be thankful. I love that he can see the big picture. I'm trying to see the big picture and be thankful for everything from my family to the granola bar I had for breakfast.
Today I am thankful for...
- My Family - each and every one of them (even the ones I get ticked off at)
- My House - even though it is WAY too small, it's mine and I love it.
- The ability and resources to help people - even in small ways
- My Family's health
- The hot cup of coffee I'm drinking as I type this...and the cute mug that it is in, the one that makes me think of the sweet friend that gave it to me...just one more thing to be thankful for.
- the beautiful fall leaves on the tree right outside my office window.
- New Moon (and my PAR-TAY) will be here in 14 days, 13 hours, and 45 minutes...but who's counting?! =)
- All of YOU! I'm so thankful for blogging. I've met so many wonderful friends. Some of you are now friend IRL and e-mail buddies. I love you guys! Just to think, without this blog, I would have never met any of you!
What are you thankful for?
Hope everyone has a fabulous day!♥