Pages

11.14.2009

New Moon Party Decorations, Menu, and Candy Bar

I'm just getting soooooo excited! I can hardly stand it...I can hardly stand the excitement and the anticipation. 5 days!!!
Yesterday I said that I would show you some more of the decorations I'm using at my NEW MOON par-tay. I'm so flippin' excited. So, here are a few pics of things I will be using to decorate.
Of course these guys will be there...
I have a dozen or so quotes that I printed off of the Hostess with the Mostess blog site. (I'll give you the link tomorrow) While looking for some red accents, I found these cute little red paper lantern lights on sale at Wal-Mart. I'm also going to use a couple of strands of white Christmas lights as well as battery operated tea light candles (I'm trying to keep it fire safe, since we'll be at the hotel) I needed something to draw in the wolves, and I found this on the clearance aisle at Target the week after Halloween, along w/ some 75% off black napkins, cups, and table clothes.
I've made a couple of these paper flowers that I think I'll hang around somewhere. I found the instructions on Martha Stewart's website...leave it to Martha to think up something this cute and cheap too!
I've also got a few gold accents I'm throwing in there, along with some red and white tulle (you can't ever go wrong with tulle). I'm also using some red, gold, and either black or chocolate brown balloons. Balloons are cheap and so festive. They add a lot of ambiance to any party. I have a few other things, but I want to save some to show you after it's all put together. I hope it turns out like I want it to!
One of my fav things I've been putting together is the candy bar. I thought it was fitting since we are going to watch the movie right after the party. This way everyone can put themselves together a bag of candy to sneak in to the theater (we're rebels like that). Here is a list of candies I'm including in the candy bar:
  • Hot Tamales (you know, because they're red and because Jacob is HOTT!)


  • Hershey's Kisses (to represent the kiss that Jacob and Bella share and the kisses from Edward - some w/ silver wrapping and some with red wrapping)


  • Jelly Belly Jelly Beans - Root Beer (brown), Cherry (red), and Banana (a golden yellow) to go along w/ the color scheme


  • Twizzler BITES =)


  • Twizzler (regular ones...like the one's Bella and Jacob are eating in Twilight)


  • Dark Chocolate Raisinettes...because they're good =)


    Here's my menu for the party...

Nothing fancy, but it should be yummy!

Tomorrow I'm going to have a comprehensive list of all the helpful and fun websites and blogs I've found while searching for New Moon party ideas. It may save some of you time when/if you decide to throw your very own Twilight/New Moon party.


I hope everyone is having a super Saturday!!
5 DAYS!!!

Peace, Love, and Twilight


7 comments...I love comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing, dynamic, creative, lovely person! I just love getting glimpses into your inner person through your blogs, thankful thursdays, and twilight mania! Hope your party is a huge success and I so totally wish I could join you... Loads Of Love, Tonya

shortmama said...

So fun!

Unknown said...

Great ideas!! Better take lots of pics of that party!

~Becca

Macey said...

Awesome! : )

Tabitha Blue said...

Fun, fun, FUN! We are seeing the new movie Saturday... can't wait!

:)

kado! said...

as long as the yellow jelly-bellys are not "butter" flavor...those are just SICK!

sounds awesome...have fun!

Unknown said...

You are so amazing. I want to fly to Oklahoma for this : )