Pages

12.27.2010

McLinky Monday - Holiday Traditions

The RHOK

Today on McLinky Monday, Mrs. Montgomery wants to know...
What are your favorite holiday traditions?

I have lots of favorite family holiday traditions.

First and foremost, all of my mom's side of the family gathering together on Christmas Eve.  We are loud and rowdy and a bit (OK, a lot) crazy; but I wouldn't change anything about us.
 Old traditions that we've carried on at our house, like making special Santa cookies and leaving them for him on Christmas Eve...with chocolate milk, of course...
 and food for the reindeer to munch on while they wait on Santa to leave our gifts...
 and we hang our special key on the door, just for Santa.
 I also love Christmas morning at my Mom and Dad's.  We always have a yummy breakfast...
 and lots of presents... 
 and most of us show up in our pjs.
Isaiah stayed in his Christmas pjs for TWO days!
I hope you all had a VERY MERRY Christmas!

For more holiday traditions, go check out The RHOK!

7 comments...I love comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love that you all show up in your PJs!! That's fabulous! I'd also like to hear more about the key on the door for Santa. How did that come about?

Unknown said...

Staying in pj's for 2 days sounds like a brilliant idea : )
I am still wearing mine from last night and it is almost 5. I suppose I should change : )

Macey said...

I think I'm gonna go get my jammies back on now that you say that... :)
Is that Lee DeWyze (is that how you spell that?) on your mom's tv???

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Oh my goodness -The Chocolate milk and key for santa is too cute! Great traditions :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of anyone leaving a key out. That's a cute idea. We sprinkled reindeer food in the yard. I'm glad we don't leave cookies out because we would totally be the parents who'd forget to 'dispose' of them. It's hard enough as it is. Haha!

Dawn said...

Love the key idea! Brilliant.

You seem to really have a great, close-knit family. I wish everyone had that kind of blessing. I know I thoroughly love all of my family (both sides).

Great traditions!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jenny! Sounds like so much fun! I am terribly envious of people who have big fun families!