His teacher had been doing a unit on apples and as her grand finale, she made apple pies with the kiddos. We didn't make a traditional pie. We made these little individual "pies" out of biscuits and pie filling.
- refrigerated biscuits (I used Grands Buttery Flavored Biscuits)
- pie filling (your choice)
- cooking spray
- sugar (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray your cookie sheet w/ cooking spray
- Press out your biscuit as big as you can make it without it tearing apart.
- Put 1-2 spoonfuls of pie filling in the center of the biscuit.
- Fold the biscuit over making a pocket for the pie filling. Press the edges of the biscuit together.
- Sprinkle with sugar (and cinnamon).
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes. I would just keep an eye on them and pull them out when they get a to be a nice golden brown on the top.
- Serve warm by themselves or with ice cream...or cool whip!
We made some more over the weekend with blueberry pie filling and they were YUMMY!!
What is your favorite thing to bake this time of year?