Pages

8.11.2010

Mockingjay Countdown

So, the countdown is on!  "For what" you may ask.  
For the Mockingjay, of course.  
I've been counting down since last September, 
when I consumed Catching Fire in one solitary day.  
It  just wasn't long enough.  
I was left hanging...
what happened to Peeta?  
What will happen to Katniss?  
Is Gale in on the whole thing?  
Does District 13 really still exist?
Will the rebellion be successful?  
Who will Katniss fall in love with...or will she at all?  
Seems only fair that she would have to eventually choose between Peeta or Gale.  

I fell in love with this trilogy back in 2008.  I had finished the Twilight Saga and I was desperately searching for something to fill the void.  Steph Meyer mentioned on her website that she had just read The Hunger Games...and it was one of those books that you "take to dinner and read under the table."
That was enough for me to run out and buy it that day.
I read the first book in two nights...and I had to wait almost a WHOLE year for Catching Fire, which I turned around and read in ONE DAY...and now I've been waiting almost another year for Mockingjay, so the anticipation is high.

If you have not read the first two books, I highly recommend that you do.  They're amazing.

Yesterday, Mimi asked me if I've read the Hunger Games...and if Mockingjay was part of that series.
My response to her was "asking me if I have read the Hunger Games is like asking me if I love Twilight."

12 days!  I can't wait!

Have you read the first two books?

Are you Team Peeta or Team Gale?


10 comments...I love comments:

brainella said...

I have the first book floating around somewhere but have yet to read it. Should I? :)

shortmama said...

I guess I need to add this to my list of books to read!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Jenny Kate......Now I have to go look this up!!!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Okay then! I'll add it to my list too :) You gotta love those books that you have to bring to the dinner table ;)

Unknown said...

Someone sent them to me. Should I read them? I haven't read anything all summer. I am so ashamed. Usually I get to read a ton at the pool but this year I have been getting in with the kidgets. Darn it!

Darlene said...

Hmmmm never heard of them. I guess I need to go get the first one!!!!

Macey said...

I know I'm lame!! I am going to read the first two books asap!

6 Happy Hearts said...

I was just thinking I need another book to read & your post has given me a title : )
I will let ya know how it goes! Thx for the 411!!

Shawn said...

I have not read them but my oldest daughter has and feel in love. She too has been counting down until the release of Mockingjay!

Unknown said...

I haven't but I guess I need too!!!

~Becca