Pages

1.15.2013

Once upon a time, there was a girl who hated vampires.


Once upon a time, there was a girl who hated vampires.

Actually, she hated anything "scary".  She didn't watch scary movies.  She didn't go to spooky houses.  And she didn't read scary books.

Actually, she didn't read books at all.  This was a very dark time for literature in this girl's life.

During college, she was forced, often tortured, with reading.  She spent four and a half years reading text books and syllabi. Occasionally, she would find time to read a magazine or a newspaper article...and blogs, of course, but books were just a thing of her past.

Until one day, a couple of her friends started talking about a book.  It was this tragically romantic book about a girl who moves to a place where trees are covered in moss and it rains 90% of the time.  The girl meets a god-like boy at her new high school.  He seems unattainable and completely uninterested.  Until one fateful day, when he saves her from a van skidding across the ice...WITH HIS BARE HANDS.  What the what?  Come to find out, it's a book about a girl who falls in love with a vampire...and vice versa. 

For obvious reasons, the girl adamantly refused the book.  There is no way that she would ever, and I mean, EVER read a book about vampires.  *Refer to the title of the post*

Two weeks later, the girl had devoured the books...all of them.  No, she didn't eat them.  *rolls eyes*  She prefers brownies.  By devour, I mean she read the books non-stop.  She didn't eat, sleep, do laundry, or talk to her friends, until the very last page was read.  Then, she read them again.

And so began her love affair for all things sparkly.  And Edward Cullen.

Now, let's skip ahead about a year.  These vampire books became a movie, and a new love began to blossom.  She found herself head-over-heels, not only for the sparkly vampire, but also the god-like creature that portrays him, Robert Pattinson.

She began filling her office with all things Twilight and Rob.  She started a blog.  She went to Twilight Conventions.  She threw Twilight parties.  She got a Twilight tattoo.  She traveled to Forks.  I guess you could say, she became a Twihard, in every sense of the word.

So, as her final hurrah...one last Twilight party (that lasted 7 days)...she made the pilgrimage to the Black Carpet.  That's right, and she slept in a tent in the middle of LA for three nights

(well, for a couple of nights...sorta...she had a room at The Luxe across the street...WHAT? She couldn't risk being stinky when she met Robert Freakin' Pattinson!), she waited in line after line, she obtained ulcers from all of the worrying she did over whether or not she would even get into Tent City/Fan Camp (that's what they call the place they herd all of the fans while you wait to see if you get a spot on the Black Carpet), met people she would have never met any other way, rubbed elbows with Twilight Stars,


made friends who will last a lifetime, 


and ROBERT FREAKIN' PATTINSON.


 Stop back by later this week for a picture overload and to hear all about when she met Stephenie Meyer and Robert Pattinson.

Photobucket

13 comments...I love comments:

VandyJ said...

While I still like my vampires all grown up and not sparkly, it looks like you had a great time.

Macey said...

I can't believe it took you two whole weeks to read them. LOL :D

Stacie said...

I resisted the books until I saw the 1st movie, then I was hooked!

Robin Beck said...

I thought you were writing about me until I got to the LA part! You're fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Uh, cliffhanger!

Shawn said...

Does this girls name sound a lot like JennyKate?

Connie said...

I really can't believe there was a time that you didn't like vampires.

Myya said...

This was fun to read, I still have yet to fall in love with vampires, its just a good thing you have enough love to cover my shortcummings :)

Mrs. Match said...

Yeah, I was the same way. My friend sent me Twilight, right after it came out and said I HAD to read it. I was afraid it'd be scary, with the vampires and all, and she said to trust her. I'm so glad I did!
I'm glad you went the smart route and didn't camp out, ew. Looks like an intense meet and greet, but I love all the candid shots!

ThatsBaloney said...

I love your passion for Twilight. I'm so glad you went to that!

Xazmin said...

Haha about Macey's comment!

In other obsession news...NKOTB is touring again! And releasing a new album!

I think it's awesome that you got such a fun opportunity with something that you love so much!

Demanda said...

I am so lucky to have spent time with you on many of your Twilight adventures! I HATED Twilight until Eclipse (the movie) came out. That was 2010 and my ass was in Forks THAT YEAR!


Squuue. I am SO glad you are now in my life. .. forever.

Kasey said...

I'm so jealous! Not only did you get to see all the stars, but just the fact that you had such a fun time! Totally fun! Love it!