Today I'm going to join in Tuesdays at the Table over at My Chihuahua Bites! Every week Andrea puts up great recipes and then has a Mr. Linky on her post where everyone can add a link to their own food related post. It's great fun!
The recipe I'm going to post today is kinda made up. My husband and I LOVE shrimp, so about once every couple of weeks I make Shrimp Pasta. It's YUM!
Here's the ingredients:
1 box Angel Hair Pasta or Linguine
1 pound medium size Shrimp (w/o tail)
1 bag fresh or frozen snap peas (you could substitute any veggie)
1 stick of butter (I've used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and it worked pretty good)
3 tbsp. Cream Cheese
3 tbsp. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. minced garlic
Old Bay Seasoning
extra Parmesan Cheese
Boil your pasta. While pasta is boiling, steam shrimp in microwave. I like to use the new steamer bags. It's really quick and easy to clean up. While pasta is boiling and shrimp is steaming, put your butter, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic and seasoning in a skillet. Let all of these ingredients melt together. When the shrimp is finished steaming, put your veggies in the microwave to steam for a few minutes. This really speeds things up. When pasta, shrimp, and veggies are finished cooking. Drain the water and toss the shrimp and snap peas into your skillet coating them with your sauce. Serve over pasta immediately. Top with extra Parmesan. YUM!
(Sorry for the fuzzy pic. I took it with my phone.)
Be sure to go over to My Chihuahua Bites and check out the other food posts. Andrea has a recipe for Smores Brownies and they look DELISH!
Top 10 Things I that I absolutely Can't (or at least wouldn't want to) Live Without and Why:
(Note: You all already know that I could NOT live without God, my family, and my wonderful friends...so, here are some other things that I absolutely CAN NOT live without ☺)
1. Starbucks is my drug of choice. I definitely fall in the Starbucks addict category and I've got my Gold Card to prove it. ☺
Go on over to Kelsey's blog and make some new friends at Friend Making Monday!
This is the only picture I thought to snap of the group...and this is just a small portion of them from when we were all sitting down to play a Twilight Trivia game. I know it looks like I'm surrounded by 12 year olds, but there were some there that were over 30.
Here's my coveted copy of the Twilight DVD! Not a very good picture, but the DVD itself is AWESOME!
- I have a confession...I'm going to a Twilight "watch party"!!! Woohoo!! Most of the Borders, Hot Topics, and FYIs are hosting Twilight "hours" or "watch parties". I think the majority of them start at 10:00pm and last until after midnight, when you can officially buy you're very own (legal☺) copy of Twilight!! Anybody else going?
- My second confession is that I'm taking Isaiah with me. I realize it will be late. However, I brought him to work with me today and I don't want to make the 35 minute trip back home, then another 35 minute trip back. We're going to Borders...it's a book store...it's educational.
- I wish the cleaning fairy would visit my house today while I'm away. I am NOT looking forward to cleaning house and doing laundry all day tomorrow. That's like another work day. It's not fair really. I think we should have three day weekends. It seems like I just start relaxing and enjoying myself on Sunday afternoon, then it's back to work the next morning.
- I've been doing a pretty good job of eating healthy this week. (It's not *ieting, that's a bad word.) That's not the confession. The confession is that my sweet friends Melissa and Michelle sent me a whole box of cookies from Cheryl & Co.!!! A WHOLE BOX...like 24! Have you ever tasted these cookies? They're A-mazing! I've got to do something with these cookies...quick...before I eat them all by myself. It did say on the package they could be frozen and eaten at a later date. Maybe that's the answer. Will I have the willpower to resist them, even if they're frozen? Will they still call my name through the refrigerator door? When you say your prayers tonight or today or whenever, think of me and the Cheryl & Co. cookies.
Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS Friday!!
- First and foremost, I am sooooo thankful for this GORGEOUS weather we have been having! About this time last week it was snowing! Crazy, right? Well, this week it's been in the 70's and 80's! Glorious!
- I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday! Isaiah is on Spring Break this week and tomorrow I'm bringing him to work with me and we are leaving at noon to go to the zoo! I ♥ the zoo.
- I am very thankful for the longer days. I drive about 35 minutes to work. So, during the winter, most days I get home after dark. When the time finally "springs forward", it really adds a lot to my day. We have time and daylight to get outside and do something. Fantastic!
- I'm thankful that tomorrow is the first day of Spring!
- Any of you who know me too well know that I have to mention this...I'm THANKFUL that Twilight is out on DVD @ 12:01 AM Saturday!!! WOOHOO!! (You'll be able to find me at my local Wal-Mart...and I've already pre-ordered the download for my iphone.)
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Here's the rules:
*Copy and paste the questionnaire, and post with your answers on your blog.
*Refer and link back to me.
*Tag four bloggers and leave them comments to let them know they have been tagged.
What is your blogger name?
When is your birthday?
October 1, 1977
How long have you been blogging?
Since May 2008. My first real blog was on June 3, 2008. However, my blogging didn't really start until September, after that there was no turning back. I was hooked.
Who tagged you?
Andrea, aka My Chihuahua Bites or one fabulous blogger ☺
Tell me your five most favorite body parts.
I'm not sure that I have 5 favorite body parts. I'll try. Ummm...I've got great nails. Usually, except when I neglect them. They grow really fast. I like my red hair...it's something people remember. I've been told I have a nice smile. However, I am not fond of my teeth. I should have gotten braces when my parents tried to make me, but I was too stubborn. My boobs are ok, not too big, not too small. I think brown eyes are cute, so I like my brown eyes...plus, there's a really great song about brown-eyed girls. ☺
What do you wish most for your birthday?
I think every year when I blow out the candles it's usually health and happiness for my whole family.
What color are you nails right now?
Bare. I'm in desperate need of a mani...I love my nails to be dark, even black sometimes. ☺
Have you had any depressing thoughts lately?
No. I'm generally a happy person.
What’s your plan for the next month?
April? Well, nothing exciting. I really want to take advantage of the longer and warmer days and get outside and exercise.
At what age did you have your first crush?
Maybe 3rd or 4th grade. His name was Chris Edwards. I think every girl at my school had a crush on him. He had like 5 girlfriends at a time.
Have you attended any school reunions?
Yes, my 10 year class reunion. I helped plan it. We want to do a cruise for our 15th or 20th. I actually like the people I graduated with. ☺
Have you ever passed gas in public and pretended like you didn’t smell anything?
Of course...hasn't everybody?
Are you a clean freak?
I have the potential to be one. I used to be one. That was prior to being a full-time working mom.
What era do you wish you were born in?
Maybe 40's...I would have loved to be a teenager in the mid to late 50's. I love the idea of girls in poodle skirts, bobby socks, and monogrammed sweaters! The music was great! The cars were cool! The guys were hot! What more could you ask for?
Are you a vegetarian?
No. I can go without meat for a while, but usually end up craving a big juicy steak or a cheeseburger.
How many pillows do you sleep with at night?
Are you a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper?
Do you secretly wear granny panties when your man is not around?
I don't do it in secret. LOL. I mostly wear hipsters or something along those lines. I have a variety, but that's what I wear most of the time.
What is your ultimate dream job?
I like what I do now. I don't know. If I wasn't a mom or married, I would want to live in a big city and work for a magazine...like Betty on Ugly Betty...except minus the crazy outfits and braces.
What does your husband do that annoys you the most?
When I come home from work and he's been home all day and I can tell that everything is just the way it was when I left...and he hasn't done anything. I get a little annoyed.
What is your dream car?
I'm pretty easy to please, but I wouldn't mind having one of the new hybrid SUV/Crossover type cars.
Do you wake up easily in the morning?
Yes. I'm a morning person.
Do you like hairy men?
How about a man with a goatee?
Yes...it can be pretty hott!
Which would you prefer: a two-hour spa massage, a two-hour Thai massage, or a two-hour foot massage?
Well, I would take any, but I guess if I could only choose one I could pick a spa massage.
Have you ever wished you had a different name? If so, what name?
When I was little I always wanted to change my name b/c Jennifer was soooo common. I wanted something different that no one else had...like Butterfly or something crazy like that. I always wanted something short too b/c my name was so long...something like Jessi or Mallory...those were characters from the Babysitters Club books.
What is the most extreme sport you have ever done?
I am so NOT extreme. I don't think I've ever played an "extreme" sport. I've been water skiing.
Do you prefer traveling in Europe or Asia? I would take EITHER!
What is your favorite food?
What is your most embarrassing moment while out on a date?
I can't really think of anything. Nothing seems too embarrassing anymore.
Renee at My Glimpse of Life
Christy at Confessions of an Impulsive Addict
Liz at Tidbitz from Liz
Rebeckah at Life with Kaishon
If you read my post from yesterday, then you know that I went to the NKOTB concert. I think that's pretty much a confession in itself. I love the comments everybody left..."a blast from the past!", "are you serious?", "they're still around?"and "who even knew they were still having concerts." YES, it was a blast from the past and it was A-mazing! YES, I'm totally serious and I would go again tonight if given the chance! YES, they're still around and doing a tour with a brand new album! YES, I screamed. YES, I sang every song as loud as I could. I may have even shed a tear. ☺ And YES, I felt 12 all over again and thought perhaps Joey and I still have a chance. ☺
I have taken quite a bit of flak for going to the concert and sporting the shirt the next day.
I don't know about you guys, but I am uber excited about next week's release of TWILIGHT!!! Woohoo!! I've heard there is a "Midnight Sun-ish" deleted scene on some of the DVDs that have "extras"! I've got to get my hands on that DVD! Oh how sweet it will be to have Edward at my fingertips. shhhh...don't tell anybody, but I have a copy of it already, (I know, right?) but it's JUST the movie, no extras...so, I'm still way excited for the release!
I haven't cooked dinner ALL week. Michael has been on vacay, so it's been laid back at our house this week...a lot of salads and sandwiches.
Do you have anything to confess this week? Go ahead...confess...you know me, I'm listening. ☺
Seriously, people! It's Thursday??! I feel like this week has just flown by! I had all good intentions of being on my best blogging behavior this week, but unfortunately my blogging badness has carried over into another week! It's horrible. When will the madness stop? I had some crafty things I wanted to share this week, a recipe...and above all else, I wanted to be a good commenter and get around and read everyone's blogs! I've been so missing out on staying on top of my blog reading! When I finally get a chance to get on here and catch up, I feel like I'm a million days behind...ok, that's an exageration...a hundred...well, 10 at least! It's a little overwhelming when you log on and realize that you've missed about 40-50 blog posts! Where's my assistant?!
A few "thankfuls"...
- God's goodness. I've really had to rely on my faith the last couple of weeks. Trying to feel better and get all the cooties outta here!
- Good coffee. Truly there have been a few days these past couple of weeks if it hadn't been for coffee, I would have walked around like a zombie.
- Good friends. I'm always thankful for my friends, but I'm just especially thankful for them this week. You just can't put a price on good friends. They lift us up when were feeling down. They can make us feel young. They create good times and good memories. You know who you are...LOVE YOU GUYS!
One little crafty tid-bit I'd like to share...
My cousin, Traci @ Living The Good Life, had me make a "happy birthday" banner for her daughters birthday. I had never made one THAT long before, but it was so much fun making it!!! I wanted to post pics while I was doing it, or at least a pic of the final product, but was SO BUSY that I failed to do so. However, this morning Traci posted it on her blog! Yippee!! So, I stole a few photos...I'm sure she won't mind....we ARE family after all.
What do you guys think?
Oh, did I tell you I was going to the NKOTB...New Kids On The Block...Concert? Well, I did and it was A-mazing! I'm not even kidding...it was the MOST fun I've had in a long time. For four hours I was 12 again. Although I am a happily married 31 YEAR OLD mom, I still felt like Joey and I might have a chance...I kid...no really. Me and my cousin, Renee @ My Glimpse Of Life (I know LOTS of cousins), went together. I took her for her birthday. Here are a few snip-its from the concert...don't be jealous ;)
Up close with Danny and Jonathan!
"I LOVE YOU JOEY!!!" ☺
Me and Renee!
For all of you who love Donnie! (Renee LOVES Donnie!)
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
These are things that I do year-round, not just in the spring, to make my house feel and smell fresh:
1. After eating citrus fruits (lime, lemon, orange), toss the rinds in the garbage disposal drain. Works wonders!
2. Hang air fresheners (the type on a string, that can be hung from a rear view mirror) in inconspicuous places, such as the robe hook on the back of your bathroom door.
3. Simmer citrus rinds, herbs, or sweet seasonings on the stove. I love to combine cinnamon and orange peel.
4. Always keep an opened box of baking soda in the fridge/freezer. This really sucks up any unwanted food odors.
5. Stick fabric softener sheets under couch/chair cushions and mattresses.
6. Houseplants. Plants are great at ridding the air of toxins and pollutants and balancing the overall humidity of a home.
7. Open the windows EVERY chance you get! I like the windows open so much, that one or two go up even in the winter if the temperature gets above 55.
Hope these tips are useful to someone!
Have a garage sale and get rid of stuff you don't need or want anymore
Impulsive Addict said...
I like to do my cleaning projects a little differently. When it's time to deep clean, I only do one room at a time as to not get overwhelmed b/c that could interfere with my blogging, facebook, twitter, or drinking addiction. So I make a list of the days of the week and which room I will be cleaning for each day. Hope this helps!
Kricia Morris Photography said...
OK, here's my spring cleaning tip...actually, it's just an anytime cleaning tip! Sprinkle baking soda EVERYWHERE in your house where there's a chance of odor being absorbed...furniture, carpet, mattress...spray a light mist of febreze over that and then vacuum it all up. Voila! Smelling good stuff!
My biggest spring cleaning tip is... if you haven't used it or worn it in 2 years, it goes!
Carolyn G said...
I use vinegar to clean up the grease messes in the kitchen. It cuts right through. I also use newspaper to clean windows.
I throw away things or giveaway things that I haven't used in a while.
I get my kids to help! All the chores go faster and they develop a work ethic. Whether they want to or not. ;o)
If I buy new clothes, something in my closet has to go. For every new piece of clothing, something has to be donated. Otherwise, it just becomes one giant overcrowded mess! =P
For me it is making sure...all the Spring Cleaning is finished before the Week of Easter! Easter is a big deal to me, almost as much as Christmas! If there was only one thing I could get done before that week it would be my front porch and mulching the landscaping...okay..that's two..oh, well! The porch must be cleaned and ready to WELCOME Spring! As far as a tip~ Clean it on a Gorgeous Day!!! :)
For a week, I focus on trying to use up items in my pantry... just picking up fresh items from the grocery store as needed.This helps me organize my pantry, clear out stuff before it goes bad, and have more room for other items!
AngiDe- Nana's Box said...
When cleaning out anything I think to myself have I used/worn this in the last year.... because lets be honest 6 months is too short of a time period.... if I haven't used/worn it into the trash or donation pile it goes.this is such a fabulous idea for a giveaway!thanks for letting me enter!AngieNana's Box
Usually when I get to "Spring Cleaning", I just go through the house like a madwoman throwing lots of stuff away.
kari and kijsa said...
Mmmmm...label everything as you put away your winter goods, clothes, and decor...but make sure you put the right labels on the right boxes...I lost two boxes of winter clothes because I labeled them Christmas...mmm...guess my spring cleaning tip should then revert to Liz & Jill's...
Life with Kaishon said...
Here is my tip:Don't stress yourself out : ) Call a real cleaner. You need a break!
My tip: vinegar and newspaper work great for cleaning windows, and clean windows make everything look cleaner (especially when the spring sun is shining in).
Forever Vintage said...
When I start my spring cleaning I usually go room by room. I like to keep a box in the hallway or downstairs and over the next couple of weeks I throw whatever I don't want anymore into it and off it goes to the Sally Ann.
i am so not the person to ask for cleaning tips. although I do love my Swiffer duster! there's my tip, from the lazy and messy andrea.
The only cleaning tip I have is to go room by room and break up your cleaning into small chunks of time. That way it doesn't seem overwhelming and it all gets done.
Happy Spring Cleaning!
- First, I have been a BAD blogger this week. This yuck/sick/junk has really put me behind. My head and sinuses have felt so bad the last few days and before that it was the nasty congestion and cough. I know others have been sick too. Hoping and praying we are all better ASAP! I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get back to business as usual around here. So, I apologize for not being around and not visiting and commenting on blogs like I normally do. I'm hoping to play a little catch-up this weekend.
- I still have NOT posted the Spring Cleaning Tips, but I will soon...I promise. I actually started the post last weekend, but just haven't had the "umph" to finish it.
- I've been bad bad bad in the Starbucks category. Which I normally am, but this week has been extra worse. I think my head has felt so "foggy" that I kept thinking a little more Starbucks might help. If my calculations are correct, I've had 4 venti iced Americanos, 2 hot Americanos, 3 Iced Apple Chai (for my throat ☺), and 2 new Starbucks VIAs (the new instant coffee from Starbucks, which is the BEST instant coffee I've ever had). Yeah. It's bad.
- I went to bed almost every night WITHOUT washing the dishes. Do you know how sucky it is to wake up in the morning to a sink full of dirty dishes?! I hate that! Why do I do that to myself...sick or not. Ugh!
- Which brings me to this confession, due to being so lazy in the evenings, my mornings have been chaotic and I've been late every morning this week. Man I'm hoping next week is better. It has to be.
- This is a good one...I deleted EVERYTHING on the DVR. I thought I was doing a good thing by deleting all the Bachelor episodes, because we all know how that turned out and we know it is definitely not worth re-watching. Well, in the process of deleting the Bachelor episodes, I deleted everything else...all of my husband's recordings...not good. I had thought about playing dumb or going into the witness protection program, but I was a good girl and just faced the music. He was like "HOW do you delete EVERYTHING on the DVR?" I'm like..."I have NO idea, Michael. It was an ACCIDENT! DUH" Woops.
How has your week been? Anything you need to confess? Well, I'm listening. ☺
Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!
Without further ado, the winner of the Gift Drawer CLEANOUT Giveaway is...
Joy @ Joy To The Blog
One last thing before I go...WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON IN THAT PEA-SIZED BRAIN OF JASON's?! I know I'm not the only one who is totally ticked off at the Bachelor...at Jason...at Molly for taking him back...it's INSANE! I say "I'm never watching this STUPID show again...eVER!" However, I know from past experience, like the Brad Womack season, that I will return and watch it again...I'm sick like that I guess. I get so mad at the show and things that happen, but by the next time the season rolls around I've forgiven and forgotten. I don't know this time though. I think it was pretty low, pretty planned out, pretty staged...and I'm not happy. How about you? What's your feelings?